For answers to reference and consumer questions call (860) 658-7663 ext. 2200. The library maintains a large selection of reference materials to accommodate your information needs.
Borrow/request books from other libraries in Connecticut and beyond.
Many items not found in the library’s collection may be obtained from other libraries free of charge. Every effort will be made to obtain the information you are seeking from another library.
- Some items such as new books, videos, compact disks, or DVDs may not be available for this service.
Your Simsbury Public Library card is good in any public library throughout the State of Connecticut so you may go to any public library and charge out the material you need.
- Call us – 860-658-7663 ext. 2200
- Email us – Reference
- Fax us – 860-658-6732
The library maintains a large collection of materials suitable for researching your family history. A research aid on genealogy has been compiled for your assistance. You may download a version of the guide to Genealogy Searching.
- Simsbury Vital Records & Genealogical Information – A database containing birth, death, and marriage records of the Farmington Valley, Simsbury cemetery information and information from Town Annual Reports.
- Big List of Genealogy Links
- Free Genealogy Resources
- A History of New York’s Ellis Island
Ancestry – Ancestry only allows searches of the database from within the library only. In library access only.
A wide range of historical materials dealing with the Connecticut, Simsbury and neighboring communities.
- General histories
- Family histories
- Town of Simsbury Annual Reports & documents
- Newspaper clipping notebooks – Hartford Courant & other local newspapers (1966-present)
- Obituaries (2003-present)
- City & Criss-Cross Directories (limited)
The Simsbury Collection may be used in the Library. Reference staff is happy to provide assistance.