Books to Your Door courtesy of the Friends of the Simsbury Public Library.
Can’t Get Out?
If you are cannot come to the Library, the Library can come to you. The “Books to Your Door” program is available to all Simsbury residents, at no charge. You can use the program whether you are homebound long-term or temporarily due to illness, disability or advanced age.
How Does It Work?
Books, audiobooks, magazines, DVDs and CDs can be delivered directly to your door. Your materials will be delivered to your home on Thursdays, and we’ll also pick up any you want to return. Most materials may be kept for three weeks.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Call the Library at 658-7663 on Thursdays from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- Tell the Volunteer that you would like to participate in the “Books to Your Door” Program.
- One of our experienced volunteers will take your information and get you started.
- They will need your name, address, phone number and library card number.
- If your card is lost, has expired or if you need one, they will assist you.
- Share with the volunteer what your interests are such as type of material, preferred authors, etc. and you’re done.